Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What would you do with $237 million?

That's what the Mega Millions jackpot is up to, $237 million dollars! I can honestly count on one hand the number of times I've bought a lottery ticket. I bought one the first day it became legal in the state of Tennessee and maybe only a few more after that.

Seeing as how I go to Vegas at the drop of a hat, I'm actually surprised I don't buy lottery tickets more often. But then again, the most I've ever won on a single ticket was $8.00. I have a friend who lives in the Atlanta area that seems to do well when it comes to lottery tickets. If I had her luck, I'd buy them more often.

There was a package on the local news asking what people would do if they won the $237 million ($150.8 million if you took the cash lump sum). A lot of the answers revolved around paying off debt and giving to charity. Both are solid choices. But then I started to think about what I would do with the $150.8 million cash option.

I'd buy several vacation home across the country, starting in Hawaii and ending somewhere on the East Coast. Then I'd wear my passport out. I'd hit every continent and almost every country as I travel around the world. Maybe I'd do it twice, just to make sure I didn't miss out on anything.

Then I'd come home and open a bar or two. One would have to be an old school sports bar in Knoxville, right Jessica. And another would have to be on a beach, I don't really know what beach, but I'd find a good one...that overlooked crystal blue waters.

And in case you were wondering, I wouldn't spend it all on myself. Family & friends would be taken care of and so would all of my favorite charities. I do have a heart, after all.

This all sounds fantastic in theory, maybe I'll actually remember to buy a ticket this week and see if it's that one in a million...

2 comments:

  1. The sports bar is a must have. I honestly still want to do that one day. I'm tired of the daily grind of the white collar job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say the word, I'll find some cash.

    ReplyDelete