Friday, December 10, 2010

The things I do for football...

Thanks to Nick, I finally made it to an NFL game. It was only 33 degrees or so at kick-off, but does it really matter when Peyton Manning and the Colts are involved?

We started our adventure at Margaritaville: Nashville. Sadly Jimmy Buffett did not make another surprise appearance, but it was a really cool place. I've dined in 3 other Margaritaville's and they're all a little different, but I can see this one being a success. There are several different bar areas and each has its own personality. I will have to do a little more research there when I come back home for Christmas.

I will say this, having two margarita's before kick-off helped keep the chill off.

The one thing I don't like about LP Field is its location. It's in kind of weird spot. Anytime I've ever attended an event there, I always park on the downtown side and walk across the bridge. Now it's never been a problem in the summer, but add the walk, the wind and the 2-3 layers of clothing to the mix...I thought I was going to pass out!!

Now I know those TSA scanners and full body pat downs have been in the news recently, but since I was going to a football game & not getting on a airplane, I thought I'd be OK. Boy, was I wrong. I had my bag searched before I went into the stadium, but that's normal. What's not normal was the full body pat down I got before I went in. Um, talk about weird. I've NEVER been searched like that before any kind of sporting event.

A word to any that are coming to the Music City Bowl at the end of this month. I suggest you not put anything in your socks or boots, either. Just saying...

But anyways, back to the matter at hand. The Colts were in town to face the Titans. Both teams are not playing their best football, but the Colts played well enough to win. There were a fair amount of Colts fans in the stadium. I was surrounded by them, so I was happy, but of course Nick had to be difficult and put that stupid Titans cap on after I begged him to not to.

Watching Peyton & the Colts live is something to see. He's always moving, always changing the plays and that kid can still throw. I honestly believe Reggie Wayne can catch just about anything thrown his way. And Pierre Garcon is fun to watch too.

Oh, I almost forgot...I don't know if they have a different person at every game, but the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair was at the game too. I think he raised the "12th" man flag or something like that before kick-off. They kept showing him on the jumbotron and the whole stadium started "wooing". It was pretty hilarious. I wondered if Wells would "woo" in a situation like that?

And Little Jimmy Dickens' was there too. He was celebrating his 90th birthday! 90, imagine what he's seen in those years. And imagine what we'll see if we live just as long?

After being in downtown Nashville for a bit, I started to miss it. I need to make more of a point to come back home and visit old friends. Maybe that will be one of my "New Year's Resolutions".

Manning doing what he does best, leading a scoring drive

No comments:

Post a Comment