Sunday, December 5, 2010

Music City Bowl

Thanks to the Vols winning their last 4 games of the season, they found a way to the Music City Bowl. After the Vols beat Kentucky for the 26th straight time over Thanksgiving, I told my parents I'd take them to the bowl game, if we were selected.

There had been some talk about the Vols playing Michigan in the Gator Bowl down in Jacksonville, FL on New Years Day. I would have been happy with that selection. It would have been a bigger payout, would have been a bigger "deal" for the team and would have helped us with recruiting.

But Nashville has it's advantages too. LP Field will be packed with orange and we'd be boosting the local economy. But above all, we should be the only bowl game on TV that night. Football fans across the country will be tuning in...what better way to market our University, our city and our state?!

I can't wait to see the rest of Vol Nation in Nashville!!

No comments:

Post a Comment