Monday, August 1, 2011

Sales Tax Holiday

It's that time of year again...the annual Tennessee sales tax holiday. In year's past, we've had 2. One in the spring and another in the fall. I thought I had missed it this year, because I hadn't heard much about it.

But, I have been informed we'll be tax free on certain items starting at midnight on Friday the 5th and running till Sunday the 7th.

It kind of stinks for parents who need to go back to school shopping. Many schools started this week, so the "holiday" didn't really benefit them.

I really don't "need" anything, but I'll probably come home with something. Maybe some new Sperry for Reef slippers. I want to hit up the Ralph Lauren outlet, but the crowds will probably be insane. I don't think I want to fight that. Guess I can always stock up on winter work clothes or shoes...can't ever go wrong with shoes...

1 comment:

  1. Schools starting the first week in August!! That is madness!

    ReplyDelete