Friday, August 26, 2011

Orange for Summitt

It's a Friday, in August...I normally wear orange this close to kick-off, but today I had an another reason to don my favorite game day color. Today was the day to  unite and show support for one of the greatest college coaches of all time. Lady Vol head coach, Pat Summitt.

Earlier this week, Coach Summitt announced to her team, the university, fans & community that she had been diagnosed with dementia. It's one of those moments I'll never forget. I had just gotten back from lunch & checked my Twitter timeline. I saw 2 things, something about an earthquake in VA and Pat Summitt's statement.

My heart sank. Forget the natural disaster, there's only one Coach Summitt and there's nothing she can't beat. But how do you beat something like this? I'll tell you one thing, I believe this horrible disease has meet its match in Summitt. If anything, she will no doubt help to raise awareness on the subject.

She has always given her all for Tennessee and I know I'll do what ever I can to show my continued support while she toes it up with her toughest opponent thus far.

I think Coach Summitt would approve

No comments:

Post a Comment