Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shopping for babies...

No, I'm not in the market for a child, so you can all relax. I have to go to Babies-R-Us again this weekend to help a friend pick out a gift for a baby shower. Everytime I go in that store, I freak out. I'm not sure how other stores are laid out, but I've never been past the front of the Knoxville store. I do most of my shopping in the "infant care" section or where ever you buy the bibs, bottles & other feeding things.

I do not mind buying shower gifts or other things for my friend's children. But sometimes when there are showers at work, I feel like I'm pressured to buy a gift. If I don't know you that well, sorry, I'm not going to come to your shower just because we work for the same company.

And there's another thing I don't understand, if you earn a moderate income, why do you register for the most expensive products on the market? Do you expect someone to buy this for you? If so, who? And why? Just because it's expensive, doesn't mean it's good.

I guess my biggest issue is, I don't like being limited to a registry. It's hard for me to buy something I don't like or think is useful. At the same time I don't want to go off the registry too much because I don't know what you may already have or what you will need.

I like to put my own spin on things too. If you're going to have a girl, there's a good chance I'll stick a football or some kind of sporty thing in the gift bag. And if you have a boy, I'll probably buy the most annoying gift, just because I think it would be fun. Sorry parents & future parents, that's just how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment