Monday, August 22, 2011

You know what really grinds my gears....

...people that call in on a Monday. What you choose to do with your PTO is your business, but if you call in and flat out tell me "you're not feeling" it. I will mentally judge you and remember it when we meet for your annual review.

...people that complain they don't  have any work to do, then complain when I give them more work to do. There's always something I can do. Shut your trap and work.

...people that don't listen to what I say and get mad when I correct them. There's a reason I'm your boss. I don't pull that card very often, but when I see a problem, I correct it. If you can't follow simple directions, I suggest you pack your box and meet me in HR. Better yet, I'll pack your box for you and leave it in HR.

...people that continue to harp on a previous employer. Guess what, every company is different. Just because you think "they wronged" you, doesn't mean I feel the same way. When you go out of your way to create a forum to discuss your previous employer with former employees, I will lose respect for you. Grow up, move on.

...when the Laundry Monster eats one of my socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment