Sunday, August 21, 2011

13 days and counting...

...till it's finally football time in Tennessee. I don't know why, but this has been the longest off season ever. Nothing makes me happier than a football Saturday in the South.

The local radio stations have already started playing Rocky Top in the morning, that's about the only thing that will get me out of bed. Granted, it makes me want to throw on shorts & a t-shirt and head to Neyland, instead of the office, but at least it wakes me up!

The trash talking has already started, which doesn't surprise me. But the person doing the talking breaks my heart. My own cousin is a Florida Gators fan! Talk about a knife in the back. Granted, he went there for graduate school, but come on...out of all the schools in the SEC, he picked Florida?!

But I cut him a little slack since he does cheer for the hometown boys, the University of Hawaii & we both will root for Notre Dame. Must be a Catholic thing. I'll cheer for the Irish every time, except when they play my Vols, Navy or Hawaii. Navy's had ND's number the past few seasons, we'll see if they can keep that up. Did you know that match up is one of the longest running in college football? If not, now you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment