Sunday, August 7, 2011

Give him 6...

Is there anything more beautiful than the checkerboard end zones in Neyland Stadium? I think not. Peyton Manning was in town for our home opener last season. My mom called to tell me that he was on TV and he was wearing a checkerboard belt. Since I was at the game, I had to Google the image.

Turns out, Peyton was wearing a Smathers & Branson needlepoint belt. They offer a wide selection of belts and a handful of college teams. I thought about ordering one, but for one reason or another, I never got around to it.

A few weeks ago, I tweeted about how I wished they would offer these collegiate belts for women. I mean come on, we like sports too and we like to look extra stylish when we're rooting for our team.

Turns out, Smathers and Branson (@SandBBelts) has a Twitter account and responded to my request. They advised me that their belts can be customized for women. Done,  I was sold.  I ordered it the next day.

It's the little things like this that make me appreciate social media.

The image below is a men's belt. Mine will not have leather, a wooden loop will serve as the buckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment