Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Service with a smile

I'm a big fan of good customer service, but then again, who isn't? I had another good experience at Nama Sushi this afternoon. Jason & I had both been craving it. But at the last minute, Keith & Travis decided to join us. No big deal, the more the merrier.

We had a good lunch, as usual, but before we got the check, our friend Stanton, brought over a plate full of assorted desserts. This plate was full of mochi ice cream, chocolate mouse, chocolate covered pretzels and diced fruit. Lucky for us, Keith doesn't like sweets and Travis wasn't in the mood to try the mochi ice cream.

So, that left me & Jason...you better believe it was a battle to the death. I got the Kona coffee mochi and he got the mouse. I think that was a fair trade.

This is the second time we've had lunch there and Stanton surprised us with dessert. We never expect it, but it is a nice surprise. It's the little things like that, that make me want to go back for more. I'm so happy that Nama moved closer to my office, but I'm even happier that there seems to be a steady flow of customer's every time I'm there.

If you haven't been Nama's new location on Gay Street, you're really missing out!

Scoop'd, out in Turkey Creek opened a month ago, but they've already won a spot in my heart. The first time I walked in, they already knew who I was and gave me a $1.00 off the shave ice. It wasn't even about the price, it was an awesome gesture. What other ice cream shop does that? The fact they offer my favorite ice cream of all time, Kona Coffee, doesn't hurt either.

Over the weekend, I got a Twitter direct message asking for my e-mail address. They wanted to send me a coupon for a free shave ice or ice cream on my next visit. I wonder if me being the Foursquare mayor, at the time, had anything to do with it?

I'm 99.9% sure I found out about Scoop'd via Twitter before they actually opened. I love the power of social media.

A few weeks ago Brad & I went to Pete's for lunch, shocking, I know. But what happened after we paid, almost caused both of us to pass out. Pete asked if he had given either of us one of their "25th Anniversary" t-shirts. He hadn't, so he went looking through the boxes to find on in our size.

Score! We finally got our Pete's Coffee Shop t-shirts. That's almost as good as getting something on the menu named after us. I still haven't given up hope that I can change the Greek omelette to "Nikki's Greek Omelette". How good does that sound? I think it would be a hit!

It's like Cheer's, they all do know my name

No comments:

Post a Comment