Sunday, February 6, 2011

Think I'll brown bag it...

I work in downtown Knoxville. It's much easier for me to have lunch at any number of area restaurants, however, my wallet does not agree.

So, for the last 3 weeks, I've been bringing my lunch. It was hard at first, because I used my lunch hour as a time to take a break and get away from the office. Sadly, we don't have a traditional "break room" and if I eat at my desk, I won't have any peace & quiet.

Luckily Spring is right around the corner, or so I hope, then I can actually have lunch in Krutch Park or in Market Square. It's nice to get a little fresh air every now and then.

I think Pete's Coffee Shop is the only one missing my dining habits. Yes, I could eat there everyday, but spending $11.00/day for lunch is not good for my wallet or waistline. It's so hard to walk in there and get a salad. I want the good stuff!!

Let's see how long this brown bag streak can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment