Thursday, February 10, 2011

I have a kid?

I have this thing, if I get a call from a number I'm not familiar with, I normally do not pick up. I screen. I've had the same cell phone # for almost 10 years. If you're important to me, I have your # stored.

I've gotten calls for someone named "Julia" a time or two. It's usually a dentist or doctor trying to confirm an appointment, so I've returned the call to advise the office they either dialed the wrong # or have an incorrect # on file. It doesn't upset me, I just want the right person to get the message. It could be something important.

But this morning, I got the funniest message for "Julia". I noticed a local # calling, but it wasn't one I was familiar with, so I let to go to voicemail. When I had a free minute, I listened to the message...and I started laughing.

Poor "Julia", she has a "problem child" at an area elementary school. Apparently my "child" is not doing his homework and when he is doing it, he is not finishing it. There are other issues as well, but the teacher did not go into further detail. So, she was trying to schedule a parent-teacher conference.

Here's my thing, #1 my outgoing voicemail says, "Hey this is Nikki...." or something like that, but #2 why did the teacher have to leave such a long, drawn out message? Why not keep it simple?

I ended up calling the school and advising the office that the teacher left a message on the wrong #. I think I started off with "...for starters, I don't have a child..."

I found the whole thing hilarious, but if I ever had a kid and the teacher needs to speak with me, I hope they would keep the message simple, just in case it fell on the wrong ears.

But overall, I hope that my kid would never do anything so bad as to require his or her teacher to call me at work before 10:00AM. Good thing I don't have to worry about any of that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment