Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More paperwork...

I'm not a big fan of change, but it's a part of life...no getting around it, but we had a meeting today...there are some changes coming for the way we do our work meetings. So yes, we had a meeting to discuss a meeting. How silly is that?

But alas, I don't make the rules, I just have to follow them. Long story short, anytime we have a "meeting" everyone in attendance must "sign in" and if there is a hand out, it must be attached to the sign in sheet.

I hold team meetings for 2 main reasons, to go over any important material and to get a break from the office. I personally don't like holding team meetings in a conference room. It's too stuffy for me and it feels too much like school. When you're sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day, it's nice to step away. I also believe team members will speak more freely away from the office. Sometimes you just need to vent, I get that. I do it all the time...it's called blogging.

Back to the point, this is going to create a paperwork nightmare, but what else can I do? I have a new team member starting in my department tomorrow. He and I are going to have to fill out paperwork stating we went over training concepts. I generally sit with my newbies a few times a week for a few minutes for the first two weeks. I'm going to fill out enough forms to kill what's left of the Amazon rain forest.

Wonder how long this is going to last?

No comments:

Post a Comment