Saturday, February 11, 2012

How many steps?

I had the bright idea to run a few steps when I worked out last week. I get bored in the gym, so if it's a nice day/evening, I'll go for a jog through campus. It was warm enough for me to go outside for a quick jaunt after work last Thursday. 

Instead of keeping on my normal path, I decided to run this steps in the G10 parking garage. About half way up, I realized this was a pretty stupid idea, but I was already committed. After I passed Neyland Stadium, I had another option...climb the Hill or stick to the sidewalk. Of course I chose the stupid option. 

Did you know there are 111 steps from Phillip Fulmer Drive to the door of Ayres Hall? Well, now you do. And I'm pretty sure there were 111 steps, I might have missed a few while I was trying not to pass out. That was probably the reason I hated going up to the Hill when I was in college. 

In keeping with my climbing theme, my Mom called me that evening and asked if I wanted to go up the Koko Head Trail, "like Steve McGarrett". We made it to the top of Diamond Head the last time we were home. We didn't even have our sneakers, we climbed that in slippers.

But I think I'll pack my Nike's for this one. Here's hoping I don't die half way up...

Nature's Stairmaster


1 comment:

  1. The first thing I thought when I started reading this was that it reminded me of the stairs at Diamond Head. Lol!

    ReplyDelete