Thursday, November 11, 2010

When it rains it pours...

I tried to get out of the office today by 5:00PM...yeah, that didn't happen. But I did get out of there before 7:00PM, which is a miracle for me this week.

Is it just me, or do the wheels seem to fall off before you leave the office for an extended period of time? I made a vow to myself that if I'm on vacation, I don't think about work, but it's a little more difficult when I have to manage 6-7 people at a time. I always have to make sure they have enough work to keep them busy. We're in our busiest time of year, so that's not the issue, this time.

This time my issues came from every other department. Basically other people weren't held accountable and my department had to swoop in a fix the mess. What kills me, all of my employees are topped out on the pay scale. They are classified as "Level 3" employees, but do as much, if not more work than our standard "Level 4's". It's just annoying that my team/department has to bust a$$ and will never be rewarded for their efforts.

They're expected to be perfect, but other departments are not held to the same standard. In a perfect world, each department would be held to the same standard, since we're working toward the same goal.

There are times I feel like an information desk. As a manager, I understand we have to wear different hats, but I sometimes I wish other people could see all the junk we have to put up with and hoops we have to jump through.

We're suppose to start cross-training with different departments & have training sessions about what we do. Is it bad that I want to sign people up for these training sessions...off the top of my head I can list off about 10 people that all need to sit in the front row and take pages of notes!! Haha...

OK, that's enough of a work vent...I have a suitcase to pack....

1 comment:

  1. I know what you are talking about. I go above and beyond to recognize all 1100 of our employees and to help them get raises. But I get nothing in return.

    ReplyDelete