Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Travel Pet Peeves

I know I'm not the only one in this situation, but every time I go to the airport, I swear I have a"moron magnet" attached to me. Come on folks, the TSA line is not rocket science. I think I saw my friend Allyson tweet a similar statement recently.

I still amazed that there are people that don't understand how to go through an airport security line. Here's a quick crash course...don't pack a lot of stupid junk. If you have a laptop, please take it out of the case. If you have change in your pocket or a money clip, please put it in the circular tray. Ladies, if you wear cheap jewelry, put that in the tray too.

Remember, you're only suppose to travel liquids that are 3 oz. or less. All of your liquids should be in a 1 quart ziploc bag that can be EASILY removed from your bag. And don't forget to take your shoes off too. Lucky for me, all of my trips are for pleasure, so I wear slippah's (ie. flip flops for my haole readers) because I can easily take them off. Don't wear stupid shoes that are hard to get on and off if you don't have to.

Oh, and when you're getting your bags off the belt, if you have a ton of crap, please step to the side to reorganize your items. Don't block the line while you're trying to put on your belt, grab your money clip and find your shoes.

The TSA line is my biggest traveling pet peeve, but I was reminded of another tonight. I call it "the annoying traveler who will not shut up". When I'm traveling solo, I don't care about your life story. I don't want to make small talk if I'm reading a book, magazine, or have my iPod playing.

But "the annoying traveler who would not shut up" was sitting a row behind me during my flight from Cincinnati to Knoxville. To make matters worse she was talking non-stop while we were waiting at the gate. I'm not kidding, this woman must have talked for 2 hours straight. Apparently she knew someone else on the flight and kept flapping her gums. It was late, I was tired and wanted to sleep, but I couldn't. To make matters worse, she had an annoying accent.

Please don't be "the annoying traveler who would not shut up". Next time, I'm going to carry earplugs, just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment