Saturday, October 2, 2010

We got Les-ed

I've never gone from the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows like I did this afternoon. My unranked, underdog Vols traveled to the bayou to take on the #10 ranked LSU Tigers. How the Tigers are ranked so high is beyond me, but by all accounts, we had the game won.

But that wasn't good enough...Les Miles must have made a deal with the devil. The man has more coaching lives than a cat. With what seemed like just seconds left on the clock, LSU fumbles the snap...ball game....Vols pull off a miracle.

Not so fast my friends, for some unknown reason the Vols decide to make a string of substitutions on defense. Last week, we didn't have enough men on the field...this week, we had 2 too many.

And just like that, after my Vols are celebrating on the field....we're celebrating in the bar...that stupid yellow flag comes back to bite us in the butt. 13 men on defense is the call. LSU gets the ball back with 0.00 seconds left on the clock. They punch it in the endzone....just like that LSU's celebrating in the endzone.

This is all I have to say to my Vols. I will have your back no matter what, as long as you give your all for Tennessee. I know we're young & thin, but I need a field general to step up and lead. I need one of you to step up and challenge your teammates. If there missing their assignments, not tackling, not giving their all...you need to make them play to their potential!

Where are my old school, hard nosed football players? Sometimes I feel like you have to walk on cupcakes around this team...it's a tough sport, I need tough minded players.

1 comment:

  1. I actually fell asleep during the game. I know...bad me!! Anyways, I wake up and Dave says we won. I was happy for about a second and then the craziness happened. I should have stayed asleep.

    ReplyDelete