Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuck's "Goodbye Knoxville" Food Tour

One of my co-workers, "Tuck", will be leaving on Friday. He finally got a job in Atlanta! I give him a rough time, but I really will miss him. He reminds me of Bristol Peyton...he eats everything in sight, has the attention span of a gnat, but he's the heart and soul of the team. Things will really be different and quite when he's gone. But he'll finally be in the same city with his wife, so I'm very happy for that!!

In true "Tuck" fashion, he's made a quick "Knoxville Bucket List"...I somehow got roped into helping him kick 2 items off said list.

#1 -- lunch @ Long's Drug Store

#2 -- lunch @ Chandler's Deli

I've been in Knoxville since the fall of 1997, but had never been to Long's until a month ago. Tuck & 2 of my other co-workers had lunch there today. All of the tables were full, but the counter was empty. I love eating at the counter, I really don't know why, but even as a kid I always liked being close to the action.

I had the bacon cheeseburger & seasoned french fries today. I normally get onion rings, but I had to save room for the Reese's milk shake!

If you're looking for trip back in time, I highly suggest "meeting me at Long's". The prices can't be beat & the food is your typical diner grub, my favorite. Another friend recommended the Cherry Coke. I second this suggestion. I want to go on a Saturday morning since that's the only time they serve biscuits & gravy.

I've never been to Chandler's Deli either, but my friends swear by it. All I need to know is they serve fried chicken, pulled pork, ribs and mac & cheese, just to name a few. I still don't know which I'll order, but I highly doubt I could go wrong with any of them.

For those interested in Tuck's "Goodbye Knoxville" Food Tour, check back later this week for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment