Friday, October 22, 2010

There and Back Again...

Ok, so the title on this post comes from "Lord of the Rings", but it's pretty fitting. My travels continued last week. I flew down to Orlando to visit with some friends & the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios.

I am a stickler for details when it comes to all things Potter, but I was very impressed after my visit. I hate to wait in any kind of line, but looking back, I wish I had more time in line while waiting on the Forbidden Journey ride. The line starts you outside of Professor Sprout's greenhouse...check out those mandrakes...


When I saw this on the wall, inside Hogwarts Castle, I started to scream...


Then the line lead me to Dumbledore's Office...


The moving portraits were fantastic! I felt like I was in my own little Potter World, and I never wanted to leave...


I would have given anything to actually use the Pensieve


I didn't realize Dumbledore actually showed up in the photo till I got home...it was like magic!


Yes, Anne & I were ready to board the Hogwarts Express


I could live at Hogwarts...


We hit the park early Saturday morning, we were on a mission after all! The gates were suppose to open at 9AM, but opened earlier. We were already in line at the greenhouse by 9:02AM.

The only minor issue I had was this, the shops in Hogsmeade weren't accurate. They had some shops from Diagon Alley in there. Why not make two different areas? Any why not make a ride out of Gringott's, the Wizard Bank?

But overall, it was a fun filled day. My friend, Allyson, even stopped by for a visit. She actually talked me out of buying the $99.98 Gryffindor robe. I settled for Harry's wand & a few t-shirts.

We ended the night at Margaritaville. I love sitting on the patio & listening to live music. This time there was a great local artist, Eric von Hahmann playing. Anytime I have beer & country music I'm happy!

It was so funny because he made fun of my accent during the set break. I've lived in Tennessee for 23 years, I guess it's only natural I picked one up along the way. But he made it up to me when he played Kenny's "Back Where I Come From". The clincher, instead of sining, "cause I'm an old Tennessean"...he paused, pointed to our table and sang, "cause she's the true East Tennessean..." Did I mention I had my Power T camo hat on at the time?

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a great time!!! I am am happy you knew what all of the things in the line were because I had no clue.

    ReplyDelete