Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot...

...like Christmas.

It's still Halloween Day, but Target already had their Christmas display up. Call me crazy, but what happened to celebrating Christmas in December? I love Christmas as much as the next person, but I can't really get into the holiday spirit till I see Santa Claus close out the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

But back to the point, I hope we all stop and reflect on the deeper meaning of Christmas. It's not about the gifts (yes, I really said that) it's about the giving.

I'm very fortunate in that I've never had to go without, but I know not everyone is that lucky. I've been asked to help with this year's Angel Tree at work. We're doing things a little different this time around. The powers that be think it's too early to have an Angel Tree up in our lobby. I can't say I disagree, but I understand we're trying to get the word out early.

So, I get to go cube to cube with the gift tags! Nothing I like more than laying on the guilt :) We're all fortunate enough to have a job that pays the bills...I hope most of my co-workers will find it in their hearts to give this season!!

1 comment:

  1. I went to Target yesterday and noticed the $1 section was full of Christmas stuff already.

    ReplyDelete