Sunday, October 24, 2010

Patience

I've never been a patient person. I consider this one of my biggest flaws. However, thanks to the Vols, I'm learning patience each week. It's a constant struggle for me. As an alumni & season ticket holder, I expect my team to show up and give their all every week.

We're seven games in and I'm not satisfied with the product we run out there on Saturday. I understand our roster is thin and our talent level is not up to par with other teams in the SEC, but come on, half of the time it looks like we have never taken a snap before!

The lack of discipline with regard to the increased number of penalties & not being able to line up correctly is a major issue the coaches need to address and correct. We're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Another pet peeve testing my patience is our uber conservative play calling. We can't and won't win football games if all we can muster is a "3 & out" each time our offense takes the field. Not only that, what happened to throwing the football past the first down marker?

I understand we don't have the best QB in the league, but geez, if my starting QB can't complete a 15 yr pass from scrimmage, he should be my starting QB.

I heard Coach Dooley speak at an alumni event before the season started. I remember him saying two things that would be keys to our success. We needed to "move the chains & light up the scoreboard"...well, if we can't move the chains, how can we light up the scoreboard?

Our lack of on field leadership is another thing that really chaps my hide. None of the guys we run out there scare the living daylights out of me. Maybe the guys that played when I was in college spoiled me. I miss the hard nosed players like Al Wilson, John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth, Raynoch Thompson, etc. I mean, would you want to answer to any one of those guys if you missed your assignment or didn't bring your A game every weekend?

Don't get me wrong, I'd never turn my back on my Vols, but when is enough...enough? You can't tell me the players aren't disappointed by their lack of success. If all of the "experts" kept talking about my lack of talent & depth, you better believe I'd work extra hard to make a difference.

All I ask of my team is they wear the Power T with pride and give their all for Tennessee. I don't know that all of the guys on my team feel that way. I've never seen a team give up like I have this season. When the going gets tough, dust of your britches and give all your might!!

GO VOLS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment