Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Time for a Break

My upcoming trip to Orlando couldn't have come at a better time!

Ever have those moments where you think, "Oh my gosh, I just need a break from reality?" Well, I'm having one on those moments now. I do my best not to let my job or certain people annoy me, but sometimes I can't help it. I'm only human, I can only put up with so much before I snap.

My job is not difficult, but sometimes I feel like I'm babysitting kids all day. I have to manage a team of 6-7 people, but there is a very large age difference between several of my team members. I have to remind myself that some of them do not have the same work attitude I have. My philosophy is simple, do what is asked & do it to the best of your ability.

I have a few "chronic complainers" or as I call them "rainclouds". No one likes a Debbie Downer, but the biggest issue I have is this, these rainclouds will make comments to their co-workers, instead of coming to me if they're having trouble getting their work finished on time. Nothing annoys me more than people who complain just to complain.

But alas, it's just a job & the sun will come up tomorrow...and I'm going on vacation Friday!




2 comments:

  1. I may come over to Universal for a couple of hours on Saturday to meet up with you...if you don't mind. I don't want to crash your party or anything. So please tell me if you don't want me there. I promise I will not spend the day crying about it. But I would love to see you when you are here. I will be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you're always welcome to join the fun!!

    ReplyDelete