Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just another Saturday at the stadium

Dear University of Tennessee Athletics Department,

Please don't schedule four home games to start the season.

Thanks,
Nikki
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I love my college football, but I like my free weekends too. We played University of Alabama, Birmingham this weekend. I didn't plan to get to campus any earlier than usual, but I got a text early Saturday morning telling me otherwise.

Apparently there was a pre-game field pass waiting for me and I had to get there ASAP. So I got in the car and drove way too fast down I-275. I honestly think I got parked in less than 10 minutes.

Keep in mind, I was not designed for speed & I hate sweating, but I had no choice. I ended up running from the Market Street Garage, thru Worlds Fair Park, climbed up at least 6 flights of steps in G10 and grabbed my pass in G5.

The whole time I was running, I kept thinking...please don't let me fall down like Peter in Family Guy or please don't let me drop dead of a heart attack.

Needless to say I made it and in the end, it was worth it. It was fun to experience game day from a different perspective.

Me, Rubes & Jason

Matt Simms

Gerald Jones -- pre-dance routine

Yes, Justin Hunter really is that tall

Justin Wilcox & Lance Thompson

Which one gave their all for Tennessee?

Janzen Jackson

Coach Dooley

If only he'd really been there this time

No comments:

Post a Comment