Saturday, September 11, 2010

Visit to Ground Zero

I flew to NYC for the first time in the fall of 2007.

My friend took me down to Ground Zero and my jaw dropped. I remember the first thing we saw was a church. There was a high fence all the way around it, and you could still find jackets, boots, hats, helmets, etc. This is where a lot of the first responders left their items before rushing to do their job, saving lives, in the World Trade Center.

Sadly, they never returned to collect their belongings. At that moment, I wanted to call everyone I knew to tell them that I loved them. From that moment forward, I decided never to take anything in life for granted. You never know when it may be your last.


Hard to believe the Towers once stood here

I've never seen a work site so quiet

If you don't get emotional here, you need your pulse checked

No comments:

Post a Comment