Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sun tanned toes tickling the sand...

The older I get, the more I want to escape to the beach...but then again, who doesn't? I was reading a book by my apartment pool this morning when I started thinking back to when I was a kid, growing up in Hawaii. All of a sudden I started laughing to myself when I remembered how much I HATED the sand between my toes.

Seriously, me...HATE the sand! Blasphemous, I know. I hated the sand so much I used to wear knee high tube socks and my blue sneakers to the beach. Before I started wearing shoes to the beach, someone would have to carry me from the car to the water. If someone tried to put me on the sand, I'd lift one foot...then the other, till I was hovering over the sand. I have no idea why I didn't like it...maybe it was too hot or maybe I was just neurotic?

Either way, I don't have that problem any more...in a few short weeks my sun tanned toes will finally be tickling the Key West sand...and I'm sure I'll have a cold drink chillin' in my right hand.



Treasure Island Beach...Tampa, FL -- August 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment