Friday, June 18, 2010

Platform 9 3/4, please

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened today in Orlando, FL. I feel like a kid at Christmas and I can't wait till October...that's right...I booked a flight to Orlando during a Vols off weekend so I can walk through Hogsmede, have a butter beer and walk into Hogwarts Castle. If I've lost you, you're probably a muggle, and I'm sorry...


Kidding, I'm just a complete dork when it comes to all things Potter. I have my friend Anne to blame. Truth be told, I had not read a book till the first movie came out. I think the first three books were out at the time....I quickly read all three and fell in love. Then Anne got "The Goblet of Fire" for my birthday...which, up until "The Deathly Hallows" had been my favorite book. After that, I was hooked.

I remember seeing all these "midnight Potter book release parties" and thinking, "who in their right mind would ever do that?"

Should have kept my mouth shut since I was a Media Play in Nashville at midnight for "The Order of the Phoenix" and every book their after. I actually waited in line for 2 hours for Book 7 and ended up reading it as I was walking out of the store.

Some of you may be wondering what's so special about this series, or why can't you wait till a normal time to pick it up....and I can't explain it...it's just one of those things in life you just have to do.

A few of my co-workers are Potter fans, but there was one creepy guy that totally freaked me out. He brought me a photo of a shirt he found online...the shirt said "Co-Ed Naked Quidditch, Ride the Stick and Grab the Snitch" who in their right mind would ever buy that? Better questions, why would you show something like that to a co-worker?! In case you were wondering, he no longer works for our company. Thank goodness!!

Back to why I enjoy the Potter world so much...I guess it's because for an hour, a day, a weekend...or however long, I can just get lost and not worry about my daily stresses. I often wonder what kind of magical power I'd want or what kind of spells would work best in my daily life. I tell you one thing, if I ever had a magic wand...first thing I'd use it on would be my laundry. With one flick of the wrist, my laundry would be washed, dried, ironed and put away....do you have any idea how much time that would save? It would be wonderful!!

Would it be too much if I wore my costume to the park?



No comments:

Post a Comment