Saturday, June 19, 2010

My home, away from home...

Two words...Las Vegas...


OK, maybe I need to find another place to vacation...a co-worker always insists I have too much PTO time...or that I go to Vegas to shop like most people go to Five Oaks to shop. But there is a reason behind the madness. The reason I go so often is so I can see my grandparents. No, they don't live in Vegas...they still live in Hawaii. But it's cheaper for us to meet half way. Besides, they still like going to Vegas or "go Vegas" as they say back home.

I can't even tell you why I like going out there so much...it just feels comfortable. Have I thought about moving, heck yes. Could I do it....no way. The novelty would wear off real quick.

But my most recent trip had nothing to do with my grandparents...it had everything to do with Kenny Chesney. Yes, East Tennessee native, Kenny Chesney who hasn't played a real concert in Knoxville in forever. And yes, I'm still bitter that I missed his show in Neyland Stadium a few years ago....and yes, I missed it because I was in Vegas. Argh!!



This past May, my Mom and I flew out to Sin City for his show at The Joint at the Hard Rock. I'm so lucky my Mom's so cool & that we get along so well. When I found out he doing a mini-tour and Vegas was a stop...there was no hesitation. I had to be there. So I called my Mom and asked if she wanted to see him too. Well, that was a no brainer...I only had 2 requests for her, "#1 can you stand up for an extended period of time & #2 can you not complain when we have to stand for an extended period of time..." Luckily, she answered "yes" to both questions...so it was a done deal...we were heading half way across the county to see Kenny.

he following photos are a little fuzzy, but I couldn't help it...he kept moving!!









Now, this wasn't the first time we thought about flying to Vegas to see Kenny. We actually had a hotel booked a few years ago, but I think it was in the middle of football season and I couldn't bring myself to miss a Vols home game. While I love my Kenny...my love of football is a little stronger.

The Gardens at the Bellagio always make me smile...they change the theme every season...the following photos were from my April trip






I freaked out when I found this hanging high above Fremont Street


And no trip to Sin City is complete without a stop or two here


In-N-Out Burger really is heaven on a bun


That's probably enough ramblings for now...until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment