Sunday, January 8, 2012

When did I become such a "foodie"?

According to Urban Dictionary, a foodie can be described as:

A person that spends a keen amount of attention and energy on knowing the ingredients of food, the proper preparation of food, and finds great enjoyment in top-notch ingredients and exemplary preparation. 

A foodie is not necessarily a food snob, only enjoying delicacies and/or food items difficult to obtain and/or expensive foods; though, that is a variety of foodie.

While I may not be a wiz in the kitchen, I do enjoy eating a good/unique meal. I mean, who doesn't like to eat? But it seems like over the last few years, I've been moving out of my comfort zone to try different things.

If I had to pick, my bacon wrapped scallops over mashed sweet potatoes from the Flaming Bouy in Key West might top the list as "favorite meal". 

Might be the best think I ever ate

The crabcakes I had at the Hogfish Bar & Grill were a million times better than the one's I've had in Maryland. But, if you make it down A1A and stop at Hogfish, you have to try the hogfish. It's the ugliest fish ever, but one of the most delicious. You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment