Wednesday, July 27, 2011

They do exist

I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, twice. The second time, Guinn & I went to see it in 3D. I thought all of the 3D movies would have the Harry Potter style glasses.

I saw it for the second time opening weekend. I was shocked when the girl at the ticket window gave me the regular glasses. I even asked the guy working the line, but he told me they were all out. Confused, I shot text to my co-worker, who's boyfriend works for Regal. It was then I found out those glasses were only suppose to be for the midnight shows.

I watched the film in those cheapo glasses and didn't think another thing about it. But when I got home, I got a Tweet from someone showing me that the Pinnacle DID have my beloved glasses, I was sad.

The next day, I went into the office and half joked that I was ready to write a strongly worded letter to the management at the Pinnacle. Apparently my co-worker told her boyfriend what had happened. Sometime between then and now, he went out there to figure out why I was told they were out for my show, but available for another.

He made a few calls and found a few pairs still floating around in Kansas City. So, he had them flown in for me. How awesome is that? Another point to show the power of Twitter! But overall, much thanks to Dean for going out of his way to hook me up with the specs!!


They're all mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment