Sunday, July 24, 2011

Friends help you move...

...real friends know how to finish this sentence...and had another fun filled weekend in Orlando.

Jessica & I drove down for a quick weekend trip. I'm happy to report Speedy made it down and back unscathed. Our trip down was an event on its own. It took us 3 stops to find some bloody fresh squeezed Florida orange juice. Luckily, the 3rd time was the charm, but those cups were so tiny, we had to get refills to taste anything. Only after our 3rd cup did we see the "please only take one...blah...blah...blah..."

By Friday night, I was ready for another NKOTBSB show. Little did I know this show was about to top the Nashville one. The rain couldn't even put a damper on my evening.

Diamond Dave & his brother, Michael, dropped Allyson, Adaya, Jessica and myself off a few hours before the show. Just enough time to grab a quick drink and dinner. You know any night that starts off with a "wine me, dine me, key lime pie me" martini is going to be pretty fantastic!

Fast forward to the concert. Glee's Matthew Morrison was the special guest. I've only seen one episode of the show, but I may have to start watching it now. He was good! Since she was on vacation, Jessica decided to hop back on Twitter for a bit. You'll have to ask her about her tweet to "Matthew Morrison". It gave me quite the chuckle.

 Who knew he was so delicious?

There's really nothing else I can say about NKOTBSB than I already have...but I thought they killed it, again! It just felt right to see them in Backstreet's home town. You know, the boy band capital of the world. I think the biggest draw for me was, neither group took themselves too seriously. They embraced their roots and had fun with it. I'm pretty sure Adaya & I looked at each other once we heard "The Right Stuff" and both jumped up like a couple of teenagers. It was a riot! I also heard that *NSYNC's Joey Fatone was in the audience. I missed seeing him on the big screen since I was looking at my camera.

 This one's actually kinda hot now...

I saw a couple of Donnie's tweets earlier in the day. He kept "wondering" what they could do to give the Backstreet Boys a special homecoming. I had no idea it had been 12 years since the BSB played to their home crowd. (Kenny, don't you wait that long)

Back to the point, I kept hoping that they would bring Kevin back. The arena, myself included would have gone bananas. But they did something even bigger. They skipped the "let's introduce the group" bit. Let's face it, if you don't know the nine guys on stage, you should not be at the show.

They huddled at the back of the stage and started a countdown. By the time they got to "1" I couldn't hear myself think. I had no idea where to look, but I finally found the cause for the screaming. Boyz II Men appeared at the tip of the stage and we all went bonkers. I just remember hearing an "Oh $*!%" coming from my left and probably more coming from my own mouth.

Jessica and I had just been talking about them while we were laying out by the pool earlier that afternoon. They were down a member too, but still broke out the plaid shirts & Phillies hats. I'm pretty sure we got "Motown Philly", "I'll Make Love To You" and I think all 12 of them ended with "End of the Road".

Now that's what I call a homecoming surprise!

Boyz II Men, but no ABC or BBD

Saturday was the ultimate day to relax and unwind. Allyson drove us out to Ormond Beach to visit her mother-in-law Mimi and spend a day at the beach. I've never been to Ormond before, but the beach was nice and not too crowded. We had a nice surprise when we got there. Michael & Maddie were there to enjoy some fun in the sun too. Allyson's blog has a few photos of M & M enjoying some daddy/daughter time in the sun!

I actually used an SPF 8 sunscreen on Saturday. I normally rock the 4, but I knew I needed to go a bit higher. I also need to thank Michael for spraying me down with some SPF 30. He promised I would still tan, and not have to worry about the burn factor. By jove, he was right! I now have the perfect "end to summer glow".

 I could wake up to this every day...

My toes love ticklin' the sand...now

After a quick lunch at LuLu's we headed down A1A. No, we weren't looking for Beachfront Ave, we were heading to the birthplace of NASCAR, Daytona Beach. I can't imagine what that place must be like on race weekend. The Daytona 500 is one of my "Bucket List" sporting events. If the schedule holds true, the 2013 Daytona 500 should run on my birthday. I think I need to go to that one.

Whew, my fingers are tired of typing...and I'm sure I've left out a funny or two, but all in all, it was a great weekend with great friends! Special thanks to Allyson & Dave for welcoming us into their home, again!




2 comments:

  1. Hopefully we won't be visiting Monroe County anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! No Monroe county visits ladies. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete