Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Greater Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony

While I was on vacation, Brad accepted the invitation for us to attend the 30th Annual Greater Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony. I didn't even know this was going on. Once I got back to the office, I realized it was going to take place on Thursday the 28th. That's "Free Tea Day" at McAllister's. I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad I'd miss out.

This afternoon, I found out Scoop'd is going to have a private event for friends & family the same night. I've been waiting for them to open all summer! They're suppose to serve Hawaiian style shave ice! But, I can always hit up the grand opening.

The event I'll be attending will benefit the Boys & Girls Club. My company purchased a table for ten and since Brad & I have been helping with the Great Knoxville Rubber Duck Race, which also benefits the B&G Club, it just made sense for us to go.

Former B&G Club member, Bernard King will be the guest speaker. Not only is he a B&G alum, he's also a former Vol and NBA player. Former Vols QB Heath Shuler and Reggie Cobb are two of the inductees. I was hoping for Peyton Manning.

I also noticed that Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne will be named "Professional Athlete of the Year". I hope he's actually at the event and doesn't pre-tape his speech. Should be a good time for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment