Monday, April 18, 2011

Tuck's new hobby...

So I get a call from Tuck last week...after a few rambling conversations, he tells me that he's always wanted to be a referee. Oh boy, he's signed up to be a Georgia high school ref.

Now we have a running gag, like Les Miles, Tuck doesn't read books. I figured there was some kind of test and asked him how he was going to pass. He told me it was more of a handout and there were pictures, so it wasn't really a "book".

He's suppose to start with middle school & junior high games. They play on Thursday's and Saturday's. I'd never sacrafice a home game for him, but I think it would be hilarious to see him call a game live!

I mean, I yell at the ref's every weekend anyway. Why not practice on someone I know?

I checked the Vols schedule...we have an off weekend at the end of September. I think I'm going to have to make a trip to the ATL and catch this on video!

I crack on Tuck pretty good, but this is kind of like a 'bucket list' item for him, so I'm happy he's going to give it a shot. I'm just not sure he can run with the whistle & the flag.


Does this make him official?

No comments:

Post a Comment