Monday, April 25, 2011

Downtown Dash 2011

My friend Brad is trying to convince me to actually "run" in this year's 2011 Downtown Dash. I normally don't run unless something is chasing me. I take that back, I ran one time, to the Coach store. I saw a bag I wanted and it was the last one on the shelf.

I do go to the gym and will go for a "brisk walk" or "jog" down by the river and through campus, but the thought of running with a bunch of other people kind of freaks me out.

What if I trip along the way? What if I pass out? Or worse, what if I finish dead last?!

But this "race" is only a mile. How bad could it actually be?

Last year "Biscuit-fest" was going on at the same time. Now if it was "Bacon-fest" I would have signed up yesterday! But Bacon-fest is in September, I think.

So, I think I'm going to give it the old college try. Who wants to run with me?

2 comments:

  1. 1 mile is nothing!! You can do it. Just sprint. It will be over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 mile is easy! You can definitely do it, and I will too :-)

    ReplyDelete