Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oops!

I think of the most random things at the most random times. I have a rule, when I go on vacation, I don't think about work. It's just not healthy. There's nothing I can do if I'm not in the office.

But last night, as I was flying over Texas, it hit me...I couldn't remember any of my passwords. I have 2 passwords, one that unlocks my computer and logs me in to AS400. The other is for my e-mail. My e-mail password doesn't change, but the other has to change ever few months.

Why I was thinking about that on a flight, I'll never know. But sure enough, when I got back to the office today... I couldn't log in to my computer. After a few tries, I ended up changing that password, but since I couldn't remember what it was, I couldn't log into AS400 and start my actual work.

The password for AS400 must contain letters & numbers. Well, I use a standard code and change the last two characters. That was the problem, I couldn't remember what those last 2 characters were. I tried the two I thought they were and my stupid machine kept beeping at me!

I had to wait till 8:00AM to call IS and have them re-set my password.

And as I just re-read this post, I think those last 2 characters had something to do with my dog! I'm such an idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment