Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Wild Eagle

Since I'm a pretty stubborn person, I refused to let a little rain keep my buddy and I from Dollywood on Monday. I wanted to take a spin or three on the new roller coaster, the Wild Eagle! We asked some of our co-workers if they wanted to join us, but none wanted to shell out the $62.00 or brave the rain/cold. The Boss Man gave us each $30.00 gift cards since we were suppose to go "shopping", but Dollywood didn't take AMEX, but the adventure was well worth the price of admission.

Brad and I hit every major ride and rode several multiple time to get the most bang for our buck! For the record, I can't do rides that go backward or spin in circles too much. How I convinced him to get me on the Dizzy Disk, I'll never know, but I almost threw up my BBQ all over him, and he would have deserved it!

But back to the Wild Eagle, I love roller coasters where your feet dangle. I guess that's because the super power I've always wanted is, to fly. I'm not a big fan of coasters that take you up, then drop you straight down. Thank goodness the Eagle didn't do that. After the initial drop and turn, I went from terrified, to having the time of my life.

I never buy those photos after you ride the rides, but Brad's expressions were too good to pass up! I promise he was having a good time, but just not when the camera snapped.

Here's a bit more info about the Wild Eagle:

"America's first wing coaster, the first ride of its kind in the U.S., is perched 21 stories above Dollywood and takes riders on a unique experience that feels as if they are actually soaring high above the Smoky Mountains.
Instead of having the train on the track, Wild Eagle seats riders on either side so there is nothing but air above and below the rider!"


First time the camera snapped, on the first run


I figured out I wasn't going to die, Brad...still not sure


Still having fun on Ride #2...Brad is still concerned

Yup, still laughing...Brad, I think he wants to get off



No comments:

Post a Comment