Thursday, October 4, 2012

5 day work weeks...

Since May, I've probably only worked a handful of 5 day work weeks. When I do, it totally messes with my mind. I woke up today thinking it was Friday. Big time boo-boo on my part. Then I was sad for the rest of the day because I have to do it all over again tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working, but this is vacation month and my buddy & I decided to hit up Dollywood on Monday. And here's the best part, we're getting paid to have fun!

Next week, we're having a Team Leader retreat in Pigeon Forge. I normally dread them because this is a very busy time for my department and all I can think about is how much work I'm going to have when I get back to the office. And a majority of the topics we cover don't have much to do with my specific job. But it is a very nice break away from the desk. We have more food and drink than we need and we even get goodie bags. I got a Colts hoodie a few years ago (thanks for leaving Peyton) and a $50 Target gift card last year. When they asked what my favorite retail store was this year, I said Coach. Wonder if I'll actually get a gift card?

We normally leave the office by 10AM on Monday and you have a choice of 2 activities. You can golf or go shopping. Yes, I've been paid to shop before and they normally give you some shopping money and let you expense you lunch. Two years ago my buddy and I drove up to Gatlinburg and ate at the Pancake Pantry.

This year we thought we'd all get to go to Dollywood for the day, since we can't check into the cabins till after 5PM. But that was not to be, so, my buddy and I made the executive decision to hit up Dollywood instead. Before you start making fun of Dollywood, I hear they've added some pretty cool coasters over the past few years. But what do I know, I haven't been there since the late 80s or early 90s.

I'm just hoping I don't throw up my funnel cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment