Sunday, October 7, 2012

Color Me Rad

Knoxville hosted its first Color Me Rad 5K, yesterday. It benefited East Tennessee Children's Hospital. Unlike other races, this one was not timed and after each K, you were pelted with colored power or sprayed with paint. Our fresh white shirts, courtesy of Health First Fitness didn't stay white for long.

I have my shirt currently soaking in vinegar to help preserve the color. We'll see how it goes. I was worried the color would take a long time to wash off my body. I was kind of right. The hot pink color that was embedded in my scalp came out with a few extra scrubs, but the blue under my arm is still there, after repeated scrubs. I hope it washes out tonight.

Overall, it was a fun event...I'd do it again next year. Maybe I could actually train and run the whole thing...maybe.

the before

the after

No comments:

Post a Comment