Thursday, March 15, 2012

Skulls, skulls and more skulls...

Who doesn't love a good skull every now and then. Did you know that June 4th is Skull Appreciation Day? I found that out last year. I'll be in Hawaii this year, but I already have an outfit planned to celebrate. My mom is making me a blue skull sundress. I wanted pink, but they didn't have that fabric in stock.

Back to the point, my friend, who I'll call iLRokery finally brought in the extra Knoxville postcards I asked for. I asked him to sign the back for one of my friends. He decided to one up the signed copy he originally gave me. In his words, this skull was 1000x better than mine. The Jerk was right, so I took my copy and a few from my co-workers to make up do more. 

I thought he would complain. I may have abused our friendship in the past and may or may not have asked him to draw things on demand, but he's always come though for me. 

I put little Post-Its on the cards to give him a little direction, but the rest was all him. He keeps saying that he doesn't want to top the one prior, but he keeps raising the bar. He's also told my team that he's going to dumb mine down. He better not, If he knew what was good for him, he'd make mine the best of the rest -- haha...

I may be biased because he's a friend, but I really think he's got some talent. The t-shirts he ordered with the same Knoxville skyline are almost sold out. I've asked him to draw a unicorn with a rainbow for a t-shirt, but the idea keeps getting shot down. I told him I want a hot pink shirt of some sort before he packs it up.

I don't know if he's updated his website, but there are several pretty cool pieces up that don't involve skulls: iLRokery.

the skull that started it all

I asked for this one to be girlie

Mictlantecuhtli

Yes, I requested a Yoda Skull & a unicorn

The print

No comments:

Post a Comment