Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I don't understand...


...why Kenny Chesney doesn't have a Tennessee stop on this year's Goin' Coastal Tour?!

Best I can remember, the last time he played an "official" concert was at LP Field in Nashville, July 2008. I use the term "official" because he played at a few random bars around town over the past few years, but of course, I'm a 3 hour drive away.

Prior to 2008, 2006 was the first time I saw him in concert. February 2006: I paid $75 and had to use my old college ID to see him on the Strip at New Amsterdam. Tickets for that Keg in the Closet show was $10 and sold 24 hours in advance. I don't even remember how I found out about that show since I didn't have Twitter back then!
Later that year he made his way to Nashville for the first time as "headliner". But he hasn't been home since.

I love my Kenny, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why the hometown fans get nothing. And yes, a part of me is still bitter because I missed his Neyland Stadium show in 2003, but you'd think we'd get something on this year's tour.

41 additional dates were released today, but still nothing. There's not even a stop in Vegas. I did notice a small window in May, the 15-18, where some TN stops could/should (in my opinion) be added. I keep hoping for a last minute change in schedule.

I hope he takes a listen to one of my favorite songs and remembers what things are like "Back Where I Come From".

3 comments:

  1. I say screw Kenny. My love for him is decreasing. He is lucky to have you as #1 fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to walk away, but it's so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember the actual date of that New Amsterdam keg show? I run a Kenny fan page on FB and post a fun fact every day and would love to include this.

    ReplyDelete