Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Arch Nemesis...


Bristol Motor Speedway's 100th Cup race did not go as I had hoped...out of the 43 possible drivers that could have won Saturday night's Irwin Tools 500, the biggest tool found his way to victory lane...Kyle Busch.

Kyle, or Shrub, as I like to call him is one of my least favorite drivers on the track.

I don't mind that he wins a lot, I can normally count on him to choke once The Chase starts, what really annoys me is his attitude. He's such a little punk! But he can drive the wheels off any vehicle, that I'm certain.

I think my hatred for Shrub started a few years ago when he wrecked Dale Jr in Richmond. Junior needed the win and was on the verge of victory, but Shrub clipped him and sent him into the fence. Drawing the wrath of Junior Nation is not something any driver wants to do, but Shrub never backed down...for that I applaud him.

It takes me a long time to forgive, thus I'll never root for him. But I love it when he mixes it up with other drivers. He and Brad Keselowski got into a mess during Friday's Nationwide race. Shrub flat out wrecked Keselowski, but Keselowski's already on probation for an on track incident with Carl Edwards, so there was nothing else he could do. Did I mention Shrub announced that he meant to dump Brad? That's when he should have used an "inside voice".

The stage was set for Saturday night's shoot out Cup race. Bristol Motor Speedway let the driver's pick their own intro music & gave them an open mic. I can't tell you what Shrub strutted out to, the booing was too loud. But I did hear him play to the crowd by saying, "Man, you all are sooooo loving!" And something to the effect of "are y'all ready for me to win this again?"

I don't like Keselowski either, but once he took the mic all I heard was, "Brad Keselowski, driver of the #12 Penske Dodge...Kyle Busch is an ass!" I've never hear BMS get that loud before! The crowd loved it and I dare say Brad had 150K+ fans for the night.

Sadly, Keselowski and the other 41 drivers had nothing for Shrub...he took home the trophy Saturday, after picking up the Nationwide win on Friday and win in the truck series on Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment