Sunday, August 29, 2010

Food Tours

I like food. I really like good food.

Jessica & I were in Charlotte for a concert, but we also wanted to sample some good NC BBQ. She's the food critic, so I'm sure she'll post her restaurant reviews, but while we were on our quest, it hit me....how cool would it be to go on a "food tour" in different cities?

My friend Anne is on a wine tour in the Hamptons. I'm not big on wine, but ever since I can remember, I've wanted to do a wine tour in Napa Valley, CA. Maybe I'll add that to my "bucked list".

Back to food...after a quick Google search, a lot of bigger cities have these blessed "food tours".

The first link to appear was a Foods of NY Tour, come to find out, there are several different cultural walking/food tours available. I would pick the Chinatown tour first, and it only costs $65 dollars. What an inexpensive way to tour a part of the city.

If Chinese food is not your cup of tea, this site also offers an Original Greenwich Village, Chelsea Market/Meatpacking District, Central Greenwich Village (and part of SoHo) or Sushi & Japanese Tapas tour.

Chicago is another city I've been dying to visit. I'm not surprised there are food tours there too. My buddy Joel has been there since our early college days & I'm ashamed to admit I haven't been up to visit. I've told him I want to come in the summer so I can go to a Cubs game, but I think we'll have to go on one of the Chicago Food Planet Tours too.

Washington DC is another top city that appeared on my Google list. It's also another city I love. I'm such a history nerd, I could spend a day in each of the Smithsonian's. But since Washington DC is such a cultural melting pot, I know they have some good food too.

Not only does the DC Metro Food Tour offer the standard cultural walking/food tour...they also offer a DC pub crawl.

Once I tour these US cities, maybe I'll extend my quest across the pond....Spain, Italy or Greece, anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment