Saturday, July 31, 2010

Don't Blink...

Or life might really pass you by. The older I get, the more I long for those summer vacations I had when I was a kid. You know what I'm talking about, the 3 months of pure bliss.

If you haven't already noticed, I've traveled a lot this year. And I have a few more trips to add to the list. But before we go forward, let's go back, so maybe I can remember what I've actually done, cause it's all starting to run together.

January: I don't think I went anywhere, but some memorable moments -- the Baller Vols took down the Kansas Jayhawks...little did we know how far those Baller Vols would go.

Oh, and Kenny Chesney's tickets went on sale. I blame this for my action-packed summer.

February: Must have been a lazy month

March: Ventured up to Bristol for the NASCAR race...Jr didn't win (shocker)

April: Uncle Kraker & Rehab came to town, I got tickets hoping that KC would show up, since he was in town for the premier of his Summer in 3D. Needless to say, he didn't show.

The Derek Dooley Era began with the Orange & White Game. The alumni flag football game at the half was the best part. Peerless Price still has it and boy, do I miss Al Wilson. Truth be told, I did shed a tear when he was introduced to the crowd.

Headed to Vegas for trip #1, but Gramps had some health issues that made for a stressful trip. Thankfully, he's fully recovered now!!

Tim McGraw & Lady Antebellum came to town as well. Thanks to Jenn we had amazing floor seats...the concert was awesome, by the way.

May: Made a quick trip to Nashville to visit the folks....then headed down to Chattanooga for a Lookouts game with my company.

Vegas trip #2 was for Kenny Chesney @ the Joint at the Hard Rock.

June: Quick trip to the ATL for a baby shower

July: KEY WEST

Vegas #3 for the family reunion

August: Back to Bristol for the races

September: Football time in Tennessee

October: Off to Orlando for a weekend to see if I can enroll at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

November: Vegas #4, this was a last minute decision. My mom is having a high school reunion (yes, a lot of Hawaii high schools have reunions in Vegas) and my grandparents are going too...my mom basically laid the guilt trip on me...but it didn't take much.

Nashville for Thanksgiving...wonder if Margaritaville Nashville will be open by then?

December: Hopefully I'll get to spend a week with Bristol Peyton & the family for Christmas...haven't requested that time off yet.

Whew....I think I need a juice box & a nap after that recap!!

2011 and beyond...

As you can see, I travel to the same places...I need to expand my horizons. I also need to visit some old friends I haven't seen in years.

Hawaii & Oregon are atop my future travels list.

Chicago is not far behind. My dear friend, Joel, has been living there since we've graduated high school & I haven't been up to visit...I'm such a bad friend.

I can hear NYC calling my name...and I'm always up for a return trip to DC.

I still want to use my passport...haven't used it since high school...I've always wanted to go to Italy and Greece. I also want to hug a penguin and if I do that, that means I'll get to visit Antarctica...but sadly, I don't have $20K to toss around like that.

Can't wait to see where my future travels take me...

No comments:

Post a Comment