Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A trip down memory lane...

I decided to take a little trip down memory lane this afternoon. I don't think I've been to St. Edward since I finished the 8th grade back in 1993. Not much has changed. The playground looks so much smaller now, but everything else looks just like I remember it. The buildings have been renovated, I think there was a fire or some kind of water damage some years after I left.
 "Be your best!"

Since it was just down the road, I decided to stop by Father Ryan as well. I know I haven't set foot on campus since my 10 year high school reunion in 2007. Sadly, I'm going to miss my 15th as I'll be in Hawaii. Then again, I did tell everyone to "take a good look", as I probably wouldn't attend another reunion. But now, I kind of wish I'd be in state for it.

A few things have changed over the past 14 years. We added an on campus football field. I didn't have a chance to drive back there this afternoon, since there was some construction going on with the Field House. I've lost count as to how many Field Houses we have now. But, we do have a free standing library and drama center. The campus looks nice, real nice. There are times when I miss the high school days. I miss the minimal responsibility and I even miss the uniforms. I never had a problem with school uniforms. It made getting ready in the morning so much easier & since we could wear just about any shoe in the world, I lived in my Dr. Martens boots.


With our state of the art, 2,376-seat stadium, it's no wonder the Titan's worked out here during the lockout and why it hosts the ACC schools for the Music City Bowl workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment