Thursday, December 15, 2011

Michael Jackson the Immortal World Tour - the review

While in Vegas, I ventured to Cirque du Soleil's: Michael Jackson, the Immortal World Tour. Now, the only other Cirque show I've seen is The Beatles: LOVE. Obviously, you can't compare one to the other, but the MJ show left me in tears.

It's hard to explain the show without photos, but the "story" centered around his lack of childhood. Many of his songs were haunting and the dancers were off the chain.

My favorite was the dancer with 1 leg. He was so inspiring. He was in a lot of dance numbers and the crowd went nuts every time he took center stage.

The show ran about 2 hours and left me wanting more. There were a few things that I didn't like. The "Thriller", "Beat It" and "Bad" sequences were way too short. For "Thriller" I was hoping they'd have Michael dancing in the background.

And I didn't really like how they combined "Beat It" and "Bad". But I loved the "Smooth Criminal" sequence. I was starting to get antsy toward the end. I was worried they weren't going to do "Billie Jean". But they did that I loved the outfits. They were like old school Adidas track suits. But when the lights went off, the trims and sneakers lit up.

I started to cry right before the encore. The main curtain dropped and they projected a young, Jackson 5 Michael. He was singing "I'll be There". I kept hoping that he would pop up on stage at any given moment.

All I have to say is, if you're a Michael Jackson or Cirque fan. This is a must see show. Don't worry if you can't make it to Vegas by the end of the year. The tour will travel the country in 2012 and then take up permanent residence at the Mandalay Bay in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment