Thursday, November 17, 2011

Drink a little drink

As Day 2, turned into Night 2, we put on our "fancy" clothes and headed out to Open Door Gastropub. The Bride & Groom to Be had an area reserved for friends and family to visit and catch up. I typically don't "dress up" when I got out. If I can't roll into a place with a blue jean skirt, tank top & slippers, I don't need to be there. But thanks to Rachel & the Limited, I ended up with the perfect outfit.

Karen, Anne (the Bride), Mary Ellen & Me

Since I started with chocolate martini's, I knew I had to get something in my stomach...because I hate feeling like crap & we had a lot to do the next day...like the wedding!

I probably could have ordered 1 of everything on the menu, but I saw the magic word "bacon" and I was hooked. I love bacon and anything wrapped in bacon (stay tuned funny story about this in an upcoming post).  
Wings, anyone? I think Karen ordered these.

I think these were bleu cheese fries

My bacon & mushroom mac & cheese

I had to sample everything on the table

Anne's baby brother, Gene

The happy couple...we have another "Dave", oy!

I typically don't drink on a school night, but when you're celebrating an upcoming wedding, you have to take one for the team. I had no idea how late it was till I saw the time stamps on the photos. But it was worth every second & yes, I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep.

Aside from not drinking on a school night, I also don't do shots. Well, let me clarify, I don't do shots a lot...just when there's a lot of peer pressure. I'm never going to let a drink go to waste.

I was sad the bar didn't have any Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka, but it was probably a blessing in disguise, I needed to function the next day.


When in doubt, shoot tequila

I had my bag on my shoulder because I was walking out the door

But I had to have a shot with Dave too

I think this was the honey whiskey

Cheers!!

Up next, Day 3: the Wedding Day

No comments:

Post a Comment