Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fins Up

After years of talking about it, I finally caved and bought tickets for a Jimmy Buffett concert.

The first time, I was in 7th or 8th grade and had really good seats. I think we were less than 10 rows from the stage. I don't remember much, but I remember he put on one heck of a show.

I saw him for a second time when I was in college. I don't remember what year. I'm thinking it was 98 or 99. And I'm pretty sure Victor Ashe was still the mayor, because I think we saw him leaving Charlie Pepper's when we entered. Weird what I comes to mind when I try to recall past events.

The older I get, the more I long to live the Parrothead life. Although, some would argue I already do. I've always said I wanted to see Buffett one more time, before he decides to hang it up. I tried to get tickets for his Nashville show last year, but it sold out in like 30 minutes. It ended up being a blessing I didn't go home. That was the same night the rain started and the next thing we all knew, Nashville was underwater.

This year, I decided to buy tickets about 5 minutes they went on sale. As far as I know, tickets are still available, but I wasn't going to miss out again. I was afraid that he'd hang up the flip flops after that tumble he took in Australia a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment