Saturday, March 12, 2011

Concert Fever

Every few years I go through these concert waves. Last year was the summer of travel. This year is shaping up to be the spring/summer of music.

This time next week, I'll be in Raymond James Stadium at the Kenny Chesney show. I've seen him ever summer since 2008. This will make the 6th overall show, but for the 3rd time, I have to travel out of state to see him.

This is suppose to be one of his biggest summer tours, so I don't understand why there isn't a Tennessee stop. He normally plays Nashville around the 4th of July, but U2 already has a show lined up.

A little birdie told me that the reason Kenny doesn't play Knoxville is because you can't see beer at Thompson-Boling Arena. But for someone who claims to love and cherish his hometown, you think he'd find a way to get back where he came from.

Next month Dierks Bentley will be playing the Valarium. For starters Dierks puts on one heck of a show and the Valarium is an awesome place to see a concert. My only concern, it's on a weeknight. Might have to sip on the beer, instead of chugging it. But there's plenty of time to come up with a drinking game plan.

The already posted Jimmy Buffett show is scheduled for May and the concert I've been waiting years to see...June gives me the New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys on the same stage. I'm very interested to see what the crowd will look like for this one. Will it be full of teeny boppers? Of full of people my age who will bring their kids? The people watching for this one will be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment