Sunday, May 13, 2012

Never know who you're going to see in Vegas...

I thought last weeks Vegas trip was going to  be just like all the other ones...a weekend to visit with my grandparents, eat, shop and gamble. Well, it was all that and just a touch more.

Mom and I landed in Vegas before lunch on Thursday, May 3rd. We broke from routine and headed to Serendipity 3 instead of In-N-Out Burger. After a quick lunch, we did what we haven't done in years, roamed the Strip. It wasn't as crowded as I expected. It was Fight Weekend after all, but that was just fine with me. Stupid people get on my nerves, especially while I'm on vacation.

After walking down to City Center, then up to the Palazzo, so I could find my $750 cupake (which I never saw), we headed back to the Forum Shops to pick up a red velvet cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for my grandparents. There are so many weird turns in that place, I can't even tell you were we started, but we somehow passed by a shop called "Field of Dreams". Mom & I both stopped and I nearly peed my pants. All I saw was a banner than said "Joe Montana, May 4th".

Let me stop here and say that Joe Montana is my all-time favorite QB. Now I love my Peyton Manning like no other, but I grew up and 49ers fan and there was nothing like watching Montana lead them down the field and into the endzone. He's always been on my 'Bucket List' of athletes to meet, but come on...what are the chances we'd actually be in the same place at the same time.

Thank goodness for Vegas! Mom and I went in and I grabbed a mini Notre Dame helmet. The sales guy told me I didn't want that because the total price would be like $399 or something like that. So I was ready to walk out of the store, but this other dude ran over and said, "the 8x10's are a better choice". I found the one I wanted, it showed all 4 of his Super Bowl rings. And I already had the perfect frame at home.

Mom and I went back the next day and it was a very controlled chaos. He was just as nice as could be and didn't even flinch when I jumped on the table to get a photo with him. After all these years, he's still a class act.


The fuzzy photo proof


No comments:

Post a Comment