Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So close, yet so far...

While I was working away in Knoxville on Thursday, June the 16th. Dale Jr and the 88 AMP/National Guard Team was in Tullahoma, TN. They ran through a few training exercises and unveiled the car that will be run under the lights at Daytona on Saturday.

My step-dad was there to take photos and of course, he got the chance to meet Jr for a bit. This is the second time he's been at the same event as Jr. See photo evidence below...


Per my step-dad, Jr was a total down to earth guy. Which I can see. He also said that his pit crew/team were having a ball just hanging out with the soldiers. TNT aired some footage prior to the Michigan race a few weeks ago.

During that race, Jr was riding with a patch in his car. It was the name tag of our family friend, MAJ Kevin Taylor. Kevin has served multiple tours in the Middle East and was diagnosed with brain cancer. If y'all think I'm a Jr fan, you haven't met Kevin. He got the chance to speak with Jr for a bit and Jr even shared his story with Marty Smith on ESPN's NASCAR Now prior to Michigan. I held my breathe the entire race, I thought for sure the streak would end. But it didn't.

But there's always Daytona...

No comments:

Post a Comment