Tuesday, August 20, 2013

StripSteak

I feel like our second day in Vegas actually was broken up into three parts, the spa, dinner and the Michael Jackson show.

we clean up pretty well

I'll give you a quick rundown of our evening meal at StripSteak, in the Mandalay Bay. I reviewed the menu out front was going to get a simple burger or maybe small steak. Nope, when in Vegas, you go big or go home.


dinner is served


My friends and I started the meal like we started every other one, with delicious beverages...martinis!



I was peer pressured into getting the Japanese A5 wagyu. I had no idea what I was eating, but it must be good since there was no price listed beside it on the menu. It just said "MP" which means "market price". Well, that night the market price was a cool $205.00. You only live once...so pass the plate!

Sheila opted to add some grilled foie gras to her steak, but I had no intention of eating duck liver. So, Nani and I decided to split a half a lobster tail.

I realize this may seem over the top, but it was an awesome evening with my friends I've known for over 30 years. Never has a three hour dinner passed so quickly. Under normal circumstances we could have stayed there all night, but we had a Cirque show to see.

Japanese A5 wagyu

just wanted a hint of lobster

the menu said "bacon marmalade" of course I ordered it

Cheers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment